Overall objectives of the role
• Provide leadership to the Board ensuring it fulfils its responsibilities for the development of outstanding young professional musicians within the unique orchestral community of Southbank Sinfonia.
• Work in partnership with the Managing Director to develop and deliver the vision, mission and strategy of the organisation.
• Act as ambassador for Southbank Sinfonia, helping to shape external relationships that will reinforce its national and international position and strengthen its ability to secure funding from a wide range of sources to fulfil its mission.
Specific objectives of the role
The Chair has overall responsibility for leadership of the Board, ensuring its effectiveness and the provision of accurate, timely and clear information to Trustees. Particular responsibilities include:
Board leadership and meetings
• Chairing meetings of the Board and ensuring that, through the Board and its committees, the Board runs effectively, fulfils its duties and carries out resolutions. Calling special meetings if necessary. Drawing up agendas for meetings with the Managing Director.
• Chairing meetings effectively and sympathetically, creating an environment in which all Board members are encouraged to participate and challenge constructively and appropriately, reflecting Southbank Sinfonia’s values and organisational culture.
• Ensuring that high standards of corporate governance and ethical, professional behaviour are maintained and, as appropriate, introduced to meet changing circumstances and good practice.
• Fostering collaborative and effective relationships between the Board, the Chief Executive, Music Director and the staff team as well as creating and maintaining a culture of innovation among board members.
Applications should be made to William Norris by 12 April, by sending CV and covering letter.
Contact: William Norris | Email: William@southbanksinfonia.co.uk
Visit the website. »