There is no set career path to being an orchestral manager and there are a variety of areas within orchestral management that you can work in.
- Concert and tours administration
- Orchestra management
- Education and community
Click on the links below for case studies of what is involved in the various managerial roles.
There are also a variety of career paths in the wider music industry including:
- Artist Agents and Musician's Diary Services
- Venue management
- Festival management
- Music publishers and music copyright
- Recording companies
- National arts development organisations
- Local Authority arts departments