- About Us
- Members' Directory
- Members' Area
Where: Mountbatten Room, Royal Over-Seas League, London
When: 06 October 2009
Times: 2pm - 4pm
This workshop by Ken Hoffman, the internationally known fundraising consultant, who specializes in raising funds from American sources for non-US charities will be held from 2 -4pm on Tuesday 6 October and includes pre-workshop lunch from 1pm.
Ken Hoffman is a leading exponent of US fundraising for non-US charities. In our session on 6 October he will give you:
• an overview of the US philanthropic market, so you can decide where your efforts might fit in
• insight into how the three sources – individual, foundation, corporation – differ in what they seek for their giving
• advice on the US ‘culture of philanthropy’ and how it differs from Britain’s, highlighting some of the most common pitfalls that bedevil the two countries separated by their common language
• examples of who in the UK is raising money from the US (with a printed list of recent foundation grantees: who is giving, to whom, and how much)
• tips on developing prospects through creating your own American network of support
• suggested sources of research information (with a printed handout of research resources)
• guidance on assuring tax-deductibility for American donors
• advice on when it makes sense to establish your own ‘American Friends group’
• a questionnaire to test your organisation’s readiness and
• an opportunity to ask the questions on your mind.
The session will include case studies from arts organisations that maintain a successful American fundraising programme.